Sunday, April 5, 2015

More March 'MUM' Inspiration...

Butterfly Garden:

This next project was a fun one for me...I would say it is pretty much inspired by Marta of Maremi SmallArt.  This lady really gets my creativity juices going.

This paper is a cold press water color, I have used Light Modeling Paste with one of my new fave Prima Designer Stencil Daisies (6x6").


Once dired, I splatter Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (green, yellow & blue) and add water to disperse.




So love how they react.  The colors are truly magical.


Knowing the page needs more, I use the same sprays and ink up the 6x6" Filigree sheet from the kit.



Tear it up and adhere to the open spaces (top left corner and bottom right corner).



Inking up the four butterflies that are included in the kit, I spray and dab the same colors I used on the page.  Once dried, I attach each using Glossy Accents.


Once attached, I mold the butterfly wings up, it is like they are flying on the page.  I then add some of the pearls from the kit onto the filigree paper. 



 


Great page, even if I do say so myself!

Living Canvas:

Here I have used the Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements 6x6" Fabric, cut it up using a pair of pinking shears into random sizes and incorporated a few pieces of the Finnabair Elementals Canvas Resist that was still left.  This one was inspired by a video on You Tube (sorry, will have to go looking for it to give credit).  Hers was done with paper, mine...fabric - why not?!  I adhered it all down with Ranger/Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium.




Once it was totally dried, I applied Gesso using my brayer and palette knife.







Thinking I will try something different this time (well, okay not totally different, just a different product) going to try the Heidi Swapp Color Shine as water colors...wish me luck!


I find that if I give the page a good dose of water before applying color, I can usually get my desired effect. Usually you ask?  Stay tuned!





Not at all happy with the color results.  Having done this now, I am pretty sure that I know where I went wrong.  I did not apply enough gesso.  I should have put a thicker 'cover' over the fabric.  I may even try using Clear Gesso next time and then use some coordinating colors for the fabric.  What is the worse that can happen?!  So for now, let's see if I can salvage it....

Time for some more texture (layers).  Using one of my Prima Finnabair Elementals Stencil 'Netting' I add Light Modeling Paste with my palette knife.



Once dried, I amp up the color using Dylusions Ink Spray 'Postbox Red'


continue to use the Heidi Swapp Color Sprays and spritz with water to allow colors to spread/seep down the crevasses.



Well, that is it for today.  Hope you have enjoyed some inspiration using the March Kit.  April is built and I will start working on some new inspiration for you.  Have a wonderful new guest designer for April's Mix Ur Media Kit...be sure to check back by month's end!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...