Friday, January 15, 2016

A Christmas Project

Finally getting around to posting a project I did before Christmas for my 3 year old great niece and something my hubby made for .  Each year we try to give them something hand/homemade that really depicts what we are and something that I know they will appreciate (well as much as a young kid can)!

I created a 'memory board' for Maelle using a 7 Gyspies Vintage Receipt Holder that I have been hoarding for way too long!

I have photo's of here at each of her birthdays (each with a cupcake of course) and then simply started adding embellishments to it.  For the background I used Heidi Swapp Favorite Things Collection papers cut to fit along with a few of the die cuts.  Inked all the edges using Ranger's Archival Ink (Wendy Vecchi) Potting Soil which truly is my fave!  Also incorporated a few of the Project Life
cards for that extra bang.

The flowers are Prima Garden Fable Mulberry Paper Flowers (Perennial) which turned out to be a perfect match.  I also included a Canvas Corp Canvas Flower, Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs (Numbers), Kaisercraft Wooden Flowers (discontinued) and of course a few different Finnabair & Ingvild Bolme embellishments...






I'd say she liked it!



Then for her brother, hubby made him...get this...a baseball bat!!

He got a new woodworking tool this summer and has been mastering it.  I'd say he did a pretty great job on  this one (he actually made two).  The style was based on a Barry Bonds bat and the 'Wonderboy' logo is a tribute to the best ball movie of all time The Natural.  Had a friend cut of the logos on her Silhouette using sign vinyl and they worked out perfect (thanks Glenda)!


Can you believe he built crates for each one!



Here is Jacoby opening his.


Wanted to swing it so bad!


then cousin Brady (who is only 19 months), took one turn on his own and then of course moved onto the real toys!


will say that their Dads really loved them and that of course they will be a keepsake for a long time to come.

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...