Thursday, February 26, 2015

Takeover Thursday!

I’m so happy to hijack Wendy’s blog again today!

I let Wendy pick my inspiration for today’s project.   She had a choice between “Teal”, “Texture” or “Stamp”.   She chose stamp, so I grabbed my Dina Wakely Media All Girls Stamp (the first one I saw), opened up my Art Journal and had some fun.

I decided to use my small Dylusions Journal  and since they were in my sight I grabbed my Pan Pastels. 


I stamped the ladies on my page using Rangers Perfect Medium (although any embossing ink should work).    Once they were stamped I used Pan Pastels to color in the ladies and selected background.   Notice how the Pastels cling to the Perfect Medium.   I've only used Pan Pastels a few times, and I’m determined to get more use out of them, they are quite pricey but you can do AMAZING things with them. 
  

Once I had the color how I wanted I drew a thick line in black Pan Pastel to create a page break.   I enjoyed the look of the white space, but couldn't help myself…I need to add color!!


First I took the word stamps from the stamp set and randomly filled in the bottom of the page using Ranger's Black Archival Ink.   When it was done I took a Pink and Red Pitt Pen and highlighted words.   Once that was done I used my Green Gelatos to create a water color look


Note to self:  Pan Pastels are not water resist…do not spray water, use a waterbrush!!


Time to do the top.  I pulled some old butterfly wood stamps I bought YEARS ago, and stamped these randomly on the top with Ranger's Black Archival Ink.    Once somewhat dry I used Blue Gelatos and my Waterbrush to fill in the space around the butterflies.    For an extra pop of color I spread Purple, Yellow and Orange Gelatos on my craftmat, sprayed with water and “watercolored” the inside of the butterflies for an extra pop of color.


This page was so fun and took my less than an hour…I simply adore it!



I’m off this weekend to craft with Wendy, so watch my Facebook page this weekend and see what I create using the February Mix Ur Media Kit (if you haven’t checked it out yet go to this post)! It is AMAZEBALLS.

Until next time, B Crafty!

Anita

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...