Saturday, October 4, 2014

Weekend Junket

Welcome to the next 'new' thing with W2 Scrapbooking - Weekend Junket! I will post here and on Facebook every Saturday morning, a challenge that will take your weekend on a junket (journey) of  creativeness (hopefully)!

This morning I first asked for five numbers between 1 and 55 (as that is how many 'prompts' I have written down in my book...for now), once I got those  I matched the numbers up with the prompts and listed them! Here they are:

#8 - use a piece of recycled art
#7 - add a quote
#23 - apply paint with anything BUT a brush
#44 - stamp the same image multiple times
#39 - use at least three different stencils

I chose to do my first #weekendjunket in my Documented Life Journal.  This particular page/week had Mixed Media Paper on it, so was able to handle a lot of the mediums I applied with no issues.

Here is my process....

Started off first using a Prima Stencil by Finnabair Elementals Bubbles and some Ranger/Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints applied using a sponge.




Next came stencil number two, Crafter's Workshop Template by Dina Wakley called Four Ferns.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Paint Peacock Feathers.  At first I used the dauber top but changed pretty quick to a sponge again as it was seeping too much.



My recycled art is a left over decorated playing card from last weekend which I tore in half and then inked the edges and adhered down with Matte Medium.


Something I like to do while I am journaling is make notes on what I have done and what I learned from the process.  One would think I would have learned by now - when you put matte medium over Distress Ink, it smears!  I have learned in the past to apply Matte Medium first onto the page in the area I am applying the ephemera and then put the ephemera on top and then apply the matte medium again.  Why you ask?  This way I can wipe away the 'smear' with a wipe or cloth and not lose the colors on the base.


Stencil number three is a Traci Bautista (Stencil Girl) which I decided to finger paint!  I used a Ranger Ink Adirondack Acrylic Paint - Citrus, which is honestly my favorite color of all time.  And I am happy to say, I can once again get my hands on!




Now it is time for #44 - stamp the same image multiple times.  I choose to use three different images from Kasia Kryzminska (Czekoczyna) stamps #2 and #3.



I then used my Uni-Ball Signo White Pen and Ranger Fude Ball Black Pen to doodle all over the page.  The verse I found on Pinterest


I finished off the page of course by adding a bit of  Black Gelato around the edges.  I find it always finishes it off to my liking.


here are some more shots close up to check out...







It would be great if you joined in on the fun and of course shared your work! You can share your work on my facebook page or if you choose - on instagram and hashtag it #weekendjunket

Most products used are available at the store - W2 Scrapbooking!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...