Thursday, June 5, 2014

Another weekend...another creative retreat!

A few weekends ago I got a chance to go to Crop Haven on the Base here in Cold Lake.  This monthly weekend crop is hosted by the MFRC on Base and they put a pretty good show!  Lots of space, lots of fun and lots of creativeness floating around!

I started off Friday night doing a challenge with a friend of mine from another community that of course could not come (boo), so we simply did it via iPhones!  I challenged her to do a page from a class we have been taking online but not 'copy' her page, just the techniques.  Here are the results...


I prep'd the page using my handy palette knife and gesso of course lightly and roughly.  I grabbed one of my old books and tore out a couple pages and then tore them into pieces randomly.

I adhered the pages using Gel Medium and did not adhere them down totally, just the tops so the bottom halves flopped in the wind (the music sheet is adhered totally)!


Now comes the fun part - I used modeling paste to create texture and 'hold down' parts of the bits and pieces of paper



To add more texture and flow, I added a strip of Prima Finnabair Elementals Borders #3 


Continued adding some Modeling Paste, this time to add the die cut shape of Tim Holtz Alterations Umbrella Man and some washi tape of course!


Now time to add some color....Golden Glazing Liquid mixed with Gelato!


randomly swipe it onto the page using your palette knife.


Here are a few close ups...
a few stamps here and there...


traced umbrella man...


added some more texture and another focal point with Tim Holtz Alterations Die Garden Greens (inked and sprayed with various Tim and Lindy's colors) 


of course need a few splats..love those Lindy's! Also used another Tim Holtz Collection Stamp to create a title.





Here is the final result!


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...