Monday, May 26, 2014

Thinking I may have to change the name of my blog....

...to "My Poor Neglected Blog!" I am sure however that I am not the only one neglecting their blog (well I hope so)!  I really have been keeping very busy and have a nasty head cold to prove it - I have run myself down.  Simply by just not saying no to anything or anyone and now my body is rebelling...so not to let it win, here I sit (well that is a start isn't it) updating the blog!

So since last month what have I been up to?  Basically, when I haven't been working in the shop or spending time with family...I have been totally addicted to my Art Journal!  So one day, I got to do both! Spend some quality time with my niece and play in our Art Journals at the same time!

Our first challenge was to use Kiala Givehand's prompts called Mixed Media Inspiration Deck - these are my prompts:


Here goes nothing.... Starting on a freshly gesso'd page:




So love this stencil (Crafter's Workshop Tiny Circles TCW361), the image below is the negative of the image.  I simply layed the template (modeling paste and all) on the opposite page and gave it a good press then pulled it up!


Here is some paint being added, I used Tim Holtz Distress Paint Barn Red & Weathered Wood applied using the dabber.



This is the left hand side of the book, using a stencil again (Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Burlap) and my go to Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twigs (applied using the Blending Tool).


I blended Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Forest Moss and Seedless Preserves), I then tried using my Distress Stain through another Layering Stencil Cargo, didn't really turn out as clean as I would have liked, so I ended up tracing with a black marker to 'clean' it up a bit.


I used my inked up blending tool to make a bit of 'distress' over the negative tiny circles....so love that!


added so washi tape (in this case Tim Holtz Tissue Tape), made sure it stayed down by applying a coat of Ranger Multi-Medium over top. 


Thought it was time to add some more color, put some Seedless Preserves Distress ReInker into a Mini Mister and let loose! I really think this is my new favorite color!


Here is my niece working on her journal, her prompts were different than mine - she rocked it!  Many of the prompts were so out of her comfort range, so it was a huge success for her.


Time to add some doodling to mine!


Added a stamped image...


Blended in some Seedless Preserves and then literally poured some of the Distress ReInker (Seedless Preserves) moved the book to make it run down the page.


adding to my journaling (inspired by a video I saw from Joanne Fink, check her out on You Tube)!


Here are some of the final shots... 



Will try and come back later today or tomorrow and most some more of what I have been up to!
Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...