Thursday, December 20, 2012

Inpsired by....

...Stephanie Ackerman (still)!

Have finally gotten around to making some more Christmas ornaments!  I had my friend Holly pick me up some different shapes of clear ornaments from Michael's a while back - here are some of the results!

They were a load of fun to make - easy peasy!   I did several of them while talking to Anita on the phone (only one oops - right Anita)!  They are all from Michael's "Celebrate it" line the first ones are a flat glass  circle packaged in fours and retail here in Canada for $8.49 ($4.99 in the US). Thankfully she got them on sale, but still hard to take that they are almost double here in Canada!

I used 7 Gypsies Collage Paris Tissue Paper and crippled it up then distressed it using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twigs, then stamped randomly with my Donna Salazar Chicken Wire Stamp using Ranger Inks Archival Ink (Jet Black).  Adhered (and sealed) it all using Ranger Ink's Glue N' Seal (Matte). The hearts are simply white sheets of cardstock that I scanned with a book page and torn/cut out heart shapes.  I first had inked them using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Barn Door then wanted them to be a bit more vibrant so sprayed them the Ranger Inks Adirondack Color Wash Red Pepper - turnout out amazing don't you think?!  I inked the edges with my favorite Tim Holtz Distress Ink...you guessed it - Gathered Twigs! The word 'JOY' was added on top using Tim Holtz Alpha Parts Ransom.  The other three I simple picked out three single words I found fitting for the season from the Tim Holtz Chit Chat Seasonal Sticker pack.  All tied up with a bow using Hemptique Natural Hemp Cord (a new fav of mine too)!








These next ones are a square ball (is that an oxymoron?) once again from Michael's "Celebrate It" and are sold individually here in Canada for 2.89 each (ouch), but once again thankfully got them on sale!  This time I used Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Composer to wrap the balls.  I added No.1 Shipping Tags inked up and stamped with the same as the first ones. The only other different product used this time around was the added use of a mix of Ranger Ink's Adirondack Color Wash Meadow and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Meadow Green.  The mini tag with the 'naughty or nice' list was ones I had made awhile back using 7 Gypsies Christmas Greeting Stamp, Bazzill Cardstock in Red Devil & Kraft. Cut the topped edge using an old pair of pink shears and put it all together with a We R Memory Keepers Large Silver Eyelet.



Well that is it for now!  Not sure how much more 'time' I will have for creating the next week or so, so this could very well be the last post of 2012....only 'time' will tell!  Have a safe and happy holiday season!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...