Friday, November 16, 2012

SMASH!

Here is yet another project I worked on while at Bittern Lake Lodge!  This one I more or less completed in one day!  Not a lot of descriptions that need to be said, so sit back check out all the photos and see if you get any inspirations....

 Decorated the front of my 'MOD Style' SMASH! Book with Tim Holtz letters cut out of his papers in the Destinations Paper Stash Packs.  Also used an old stamp of his - Journey - and stamped it onto some of new favorite paper, Kraft (50 lb) Paper and of course added some decorative Washi Tape from my stash!



added flair to the page with the Studio Calico Stamp Roma, Studio Calico Wood Veneers Transportation, Crafter's Workshop 6x6" Stencil Splats, ink is Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Gathered Twig.


Loved this next one, didn't like the saying that was on it so painted over it with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso (White), then added a strip of  wood grain washi tape to create a 'pole'!  On that pole I added Studio Calico Wood Veneer Flags - had to cut some of them to make them look rough (used my Tim Holtz Non Stick Micro Serrated Scissors).


To make it look like they were held on by nails, I used Ranger's Black Enamel Accents.



Here I did some ink splats - had to use a straw as I forgot my Pipettes!  Turned out pretty good I'd say!  The circles around the splat are made with White Gesso and a plastic cup and then I hand drew random circles with a Black Watercolor Pencil.


showcasing an array of washi tape!


oh look....more washi tape!


ya I know... more washi tape with an accent of  a one of the sheets from the SMASH! Pad.


here I changed it up by using a strip of Bazzill's Perfectly Pleated Newsprint with a little ink action.


letters cut out with Cricut (sorry, don't remember the cartridge).


House of Three (Pink Paislee) Ephemera from some old Daily Junque stash and of course the washi tape here is priceless...."Keep Calm and Carry On"


added embellishments with Birds on a Wire Washi Tape, some Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber Lights - Aqua and Studio Calico Wood Veneer People!


Heidi Swapp Color Magic Banner Delights sprayed with some Tattered Angels Chalkboard Spray I wanted to try out.


Now this one was cool to try too!  This is a new product I was introduced to on the weekend - Lindy's Stamp Gang.  Never even heard of it before...guess I have been under a rock!  It comes in a spray or dabber top (similar to Distress Stains).  It created an amazing splat, just what I was after.  So it got me to thinking...going to try this on some of my other inks and sprays...stay tuned!





 

hard to see here, but this is an insert page.



 








Really enjoyed making this book! My only complaint to K & Company is that they need to either use larger O-Wires or have less pages.  I really didn't add any bulk per say, but the pages are very tight!

Thanks for stopping by...see you again soon!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...