Thursday, November 15, 2012

'Simple' Heidi...

Here is a fun project I made using the inspiration of Heidi Swapp's Memory Files and some of my paper stash by Simple Stories.


I had a lot of fun making this album, but it did take a LONG time to do!  I started with one pack of Heidi Swapp Chipboard Memory Files (four files in two different sizes) and about 24 sheets of the Simple Stories Destinations 12x12" papers (these were some of the older stock and stash of mine and just wanted to use up). The cool thing about making this album is you could use ANY and I do mean ANY 12x12 paper pack(s) you desire!

Below I used one 12x12" sheet and cut it in half and then scored at different lengths (one at 4" and one at 6") to create my own 'fotostack'!  Punched the edges with one of my favorite punches...Bubbles!


Throughout the pages you will see (well, it is hard to see, but I really did) 'fussy cut' many of the printed items on the pages out and layered them on the pages.  If you are familiar with these papers, you will be able to see a lot easier.


This one is a 9 5/8 x 5 7/8" Booklet Envelope that I covered with the papers and then made a flag banner.  Of course added an eyelet and some Seam Binding Ribbon stained with Tim Holtz Distress Stain Peeled Paint.  You can now use the envelope to put memorabilia from your trip in it, create another mini to put inside, use as hidden journaling...the possibilities are endless!


The circle strip was made using the Tim Holtz Alteration Decorative Strip - Washer Border.


Layers of paper and a strip of Heidi Swapp's No Limits Information Trimmings, inked and crumpled up!


Now I used a 5 7/8 x 9 5/8" catalogue envelope, once again covered it up with some of the paper(s).


Added one of the 4x6" Journaling Tags that I cut out from the 12x12" sheet.


 Created a side 'pocket' by gluing only three sides of the strip (punched along the edge with yet another of my favorite punches) and once again tucked in a 4x6" Journaling Card that was cut from the 12x12" sheet.


Here is one of Heidi's Fotostacks, this one is Version 2.


More cutting out of elements from various papers that create my own decorative border(s).



Below, I used a  5x8" Card Guide (1/3 tab) to create yet another 'page' in the album.


Below is a 3 3/8 x 6" (#6) Coin Envelope, covered  and turned sideways to include in the binding.


More cutting of page elements, this time 3x4" tags along with a few more images that were cut out to create a decorative border.


Here is a close up of the fringe that I purposely destroyed from Heidi's No Limits Information Trimmings!  I say this in a class I took from her.  If you heat it up 'gently' with your heat tool, and crinkle it with your fingers, you get a pretty cool effect! Loads of texture.


Here is a close up of the Bubbles border punch. Love the shadows it gives off.


Finally, here are a couple shot of the album sitting upright in all it's glory.



All edges are inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Gathered Twig.   I used the Zutter  3/4" Antique Brass  O-Wire to bind it and of course used my Bind-It-All.

For more inspirations on Memory File projects, be sure to check out Heidi's website here!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...