Thursday, November 29, 2012

Decorative Jar

Here is yet another project inspired by Stephanie Ackerman from her Homemade Christmas 2012 Class.

This was so fast and simple to make!  I am sure like me, you have a vast amount of jars kicking around the house (or your craft room)!  I did mine a bit different than hers only because I was running low on the Tim Holtz Ruler Ribbon so instead used the Creative Impressions Twill - Antique Ruler Ribbon.
Finished it up with knot and a Tim Holtz Trinket Pin, Muse Token attached with a 7 Gypsies Jump Ring and Making Memories Vintage Groove Antique Silver Lobster Clasp. The Jute Webbing around the jar is a favorite product of Stephanie's and lucky me - I too was able to get my hands on some!  I adhered the webbing to the jar using Be Creative (AKA Sookwang & ScorTape) 40mm Adhesive. The ruler twill is simply tied in a knot and the tie flaps are attached using Glue Dots.  Thinking it may need just a little something around the top - now to find what! Any ideas?
 

Here is a close up of the ribbon and charm!

Now the jar can be used for just about anything! Christmas candies, coins, or how about some craft items (buttons, brads, ribbon....).  I'm thinking some of those infamous Christmas tins that are taking up space may look pretty sweet wrapped in this Jute and filled with some Christmas baking!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...