Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Advent Inspired!

After looking at all the Advent ideas out there, I did what any 'sane' scrapper would do - make one!

I started on mine on Monday night, loved how it was turning out, but was not happy that it really wasn't Christmas enough for me!

The base of the project came from a class I bought via Stephanie Ackerman's Homegrown Hospitality Blog called Homemade Holidays 2012.  The Canvas itself is pretty cool I must say, but started to lose the effect when I added the clips. So what does one do....
 



  ....she heads off on another tangent!  Must say, liking this tangent!  Really, it took me about 30 minutes start to finish.

Here are a few close ups of the completed project.




made the poinsettia 3D by pinching the leaves with my index, middle finger and thumb to curl it and give it some lift.


Products used (25 Days of Christmas):  Prima 4x6" Canvas Refill Page, Seam Binding Tape sprayed with Ranger Adirondack Color Wash Meadow, Poinsettia made with Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz Die Tattered Poinsettia, covered with Distress Stickles Rock Candy with some glitter mixed in; inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Gathered Twigs.

Canvas covered with 7 Gypsies Collage Tissue Paper Paris, adhered and sealed with Ranger Glue n' Seal Matte, bits and pieces of paper from the Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas 6x6" Paper Pad. I used a little bit of this and that when I came to create the background on the canvas - Tim Holtz Distress Stain Tarnished Brass, Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers in Bottle and Cranberry, Adirondack Color Wash Spray in Meadow, Studio Calico Mister Huey's Color Mist in Classic Tan as well as some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Meadow Green.

Prima Junkyard Findings Typo Bulb 1 adhered with Ranger Glossy Accents; clips are from my stash of office supplies I am trying to use up, but you could use Tim Holtz Hinge Clips too! I used Tim Holtz Washers and Long Fasteners to attach to the base.  The 'tags' are actual pages from the Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas paper that I simply cut to size and inked the edges.  I also dded Tim Holtz Alpha Parts - Ransom numbers to each tag.

There are a total of 12 tags - one each of the numbers 3-9 and 0, two each of the number 1 & 2.  Thought about making a 13th tag with an additional 0, but then just said what the heck do I need a 0 0 for on Christmas Day!

The 'first attempt' products used:  Prima 4x6" Canvas Refill Page, Seam Binding Tape sprayed with Ranger Adirondack Color Wash Meadow.  Canvas is once again covered with 7 Gypsies Collage Tissue Paper Paris as well as some bits and pieces of paper from Tim Holtz Paper Stash Crowded Attic. Inked with more or less the same as the second but did add some Gesso.  Embellished with Tim Holtz Ruler Ribbon and some ScrapFX Chicken Wire Chipboard (inked with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink) from my stash. Chicken Wire was adhered to base using Glossy Accents.  Clips were done the same and this time I used Tim Holtz Journaling Tickets as the countdown source.  Just hadn't put any number on yet when I took the photos.

Let the countdown begin!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...