Friday, February 17, 2012

Project 1!

Well - that week is (just about) over! Where the heck did it go? I got back Sunday night from my annual trip to Rustic Ridge Ranch where I had a ton of fun and actually got some stuff done! My goal for the weekend was to get all those unfinished projects that I have started over the last year (or so) - so did I finish them all you ask....how well do your know me?! I got TWO done, that is pretty good! But I did start three more and got to play a bit too! Sit back and enjoy....here is the first!

Project 1 - 7 Gypsies Canvas

This was a blast to make and really didn't take that much time! The longest was the cutting out of the dang little girl (and yes, I cut out all by myself)!

The paper is from 7 Gypsies Off the Wall 12x12 paper pack. I used a variety of paints from Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Line as well as Ranger's Adirondack Dabbers. The letters are Tim Holtz Alpha Parts Ransom. The entire canvas was sealed with Claudine Hellmuth's Paint Mediums.


Behind the girl is a #12 Shipping Tag (top cut off) and I had some fun playing with a fairly new technique Tim Holtz shared in a recent video (here), careful it is a very addictive technique! The tag and the girl are both sprayed with Tsukineko Goosebumps Texture Spray (okay, more fun to be had with this one)! The 'grass' at the bottom was made using Wendy Vecchi's Clearly for Art Blackout Modeling Film (okay, just a little more fun)! The Ruler of course is once again 7 Gypsies Surveyor Brown and topped with some Display Trim Studs Antique Brass. I of course 'distressed' it all with some sandpaper using my Tim Holtz Sanding Grip.

Finished it all off with a simple Tim Holtz Corner! Not bad, eh?! To see the original post and inspiration - visit One Lucky Day here!


No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...