Monday, February 20, 2012

Project 5!

man - I'm on a roll here aren't I?  Here is yet another project, this one was made using 5 envelopes and a mini file folder!  Yup, that's it...aside from a bit of inspiration and few sheets of paper...that was it (oh, a punch and a sewing machine)!



I used two catalogue envelopes in white (10x13" & 12x9"), two No. 10 Policy Envelopes, one Heidi Swapp Foto Folder and one of the Maya Road Vintage Edge Kraft Envelopes.  Centered them all and then simply sewed them together!


The 12x9" catalogue envelope is a side flap so after I sewed them all together, I cut the flap at the seam to make it look like there were two separate envelopes...clear as mud right?!  The policy envelopes, I slit the ends to create a pocket for future ephemera.


I covered all the envelopes with cardstock - Bazzill Java, Pomegranate & Kraft.  The front and back are covered in Creative Imaginations Cuttables (Kraft).  The punched edge you see throughout is an EK Success Edger Punch - Bubbles (my new fav).



The cool thing about this album format is that it is so versatile!  One can leave it as is, or you can make it thicker by adding more envies per section or of course layer your sections!  You can either use the technique with adhering back to front covers, using paper hinges, and so much more!  This is one fun and fast album!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...